Saturday, October 02, 2004

"Why did Kerry vote for the war resolution?"

Um, duh? There was no war resolution. There was an authorization resolution. If I authorize you to carry a gun for self defense, it doesn't mean I have to support your decision to shoot an attacker in the back while he's fleeing. Why is this oh-so basic distinction so hard for half the electorate? Why is this so hard for
presumably educated people in liberal California?

Postscript: I didn't realize, pre-Googling, that the author of the above-linked column is a syndicated and seemingly arch-right party-line columnist who is lately hawking the egregious but familiar misrepresentations of Gore (said he invented the Internet, etc), so now ala Al Franken I am going to have to doubt she sincerely missed a distinction. I was giving her the benefit before, but I now retroactively call for the above to be read as sarcasm.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I’m writing to inform you and your readers about the new BUSHISMS THE DVD. Al Franken, Jacob Weisberg (Slate.com) and Brian Unger marvel at over 50 video clips of Dubya’s nucular-sized malapropisms. The DVD will be in stores on Tuesday, Oct. 5th and is available right now @ www.bushism.net